We understand you. Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome are complex and challenging medical conditions that are often misdiagnosed, disregarded and/or misunderstood. This shift is specifically dedicated to providing you with the treatment and support essential to your health care needs.
On your first visit, you will meet with both the supervisor and your fourth-year intern. Following a detailed history, review of laboratory results and a relevant physical exam, an integrated program will be developed which combines a variety of naturopathic treatments specific to your needs. To help guide your treatment, additional testing may be recommended (examples include: food allergy testing, comprehensive digestive stool analysis, comprehensive nutritional analysis, 4 point cortisol and hormone panel).
This shift will give you the opportunity to benefit from an individualized, holistic and all-encompassing approach to your health utilizing efficacious natural therapies. Naturopathic treatments can work in tandem with conventional treatments, allowing you to benefit from a truly integrated approach to your health.
What type of therapies do you use?
- Clinical nutrition – using diet and nutritional supplements to help ensure that you have adequate energy and nutrition to help your body heal.
- Botanical (herbal) medicine – using plant substances to address a variety of health concerns. In general, botanicals work synergistically with the body's own chemistry, working gently and effectively with few side effects.
- Homeopathic medicine – based on the principle of "like cures like," homeopathic medicine works in a subtle yet powerful way to stimulate healing and complement other FM/CFS therapies.
- Asian medicine – acupuncture and Asian herbs unify and harmonize imbalances, stimulating the immune system and healing response.
- Mind/Body medicine – stress management techniques and individual counselling is an integral component of healing.
- Lifestyle counselling and patient education – what happens in between visits is a key aspect to your healing.
Our mission is to help you:
- improve your energy, well being and overall quality of health
- by providing support and education
- enhance your quality of sleep
- decrease pain and discomfort
- improve both your cognitive and physical function
- balance your body's immune system
- support you mind, body, and spirit in the healing process
- integrate with other health-care workers to provide you with the most comprehensive and complete approach to your care